Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How can I grow hibiscus in the best manner?

I have 50 cuttings of hibiscus rosa-sinesis and I don't know how to grow it properly. Should I place it under a shade or under the heat of the sun? How many times should I water it in a day? And what can I do so that it could maintain its good condition?

How can I grow hibiscus in the best manner?
They need warmth. Lots of warmth and sun. Good potting soil, not too dense. Don't over fertilize, twice a week should be good with liquid fertilizer..you can get especially for tropical plants. Keep it watered everyday. Do not let it dry out. Don't put in the shade at all. If you have a propagation house or mat to place them on would be great. Water very often and keep them warm..Until they root and are stable. Then you can re-pot and grow like anything else that you propagate.
Reply:You can't kill those things, love alot of sun and water, grow like crazy. I have 50 around my house, ran some down with mower and pulled some out to replant, keeps on growing. I'm in S. Fl.


No comments:

Post a Comment