Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I want to keep my hibiscus tree[ that is potted ].Inside over the winter.Is there a special procedure ?

I live in Oklahoma,will it continue to grow,or go dormant and lose its leaves?Do I continue to feed it during those months?It is absolutely gorgeous and wish to keep it for the next year.

I want to keep my hibiscus tree[ that is potted ].Inside over the winter.Is there a special procedure ?
Yes, you can move your Hibicus indoors for the winter. There are people who grow these plants year 'round in the northern U.S. and Canada, Sweden and are NOT using green houses! Unless you take some extra steps, such as using artificial lighting, you can't expect the same lush growth and bloom quantity when your plants are spending their winters inside and under less than tropical conditions. But, they will be ready to reward you for your efforts once they are outside again and the warm weather arrives.





Here is a good site that tells you what you need to do: http://www.trop-hibiscus.com/gindr.html


No comments:

Post a Comment