Monday, May 11, 2009

How grafting is done for hibiscus plant.?

I got a double flowered orange hibiscus plant. I tried cuttings from it and planted in the soil many times but not succeeded. I think grafting I can give a try.

How grafting is done for hibiscus plant.?
Grafting is much harder than cuttings..perhaps you cut the tip cuttings at the wrong time..this must be done from the new green ends of hibiscus when the temperature is between 70 and 80 degrees...the hard cuttings..which is the "woody" part of the plant will seldom grow....here is the info on properly growing hibiscus from cuttings...possibly you werent doing something right..I also use root harmone when I do cuttings..
Reply:First u cut the stems nearly 20 inch's. and take a Poly cover with sand and hummers. Then plant the hibiscus stems in slanting in 45 Degree pour water daily and keep it 15 days in shade. Another method is air grafting this is the best method.


No comments:

Post a Comment