Monday, May 11, 2009

Why do many fruit teas/infusions contain Hibiscus?

I've just started buying fruit infusions and notice that many of the ones I buy contain Hibiscus as one of the larger ingrediants.


Eg. Apple %26amp; Blueberry, largest ingrediant Hibiscus.


Is it just a bulking agent or does it add some flavour. If so what does it's flavour resemble? Is it there because it is cheaper to use than apple %26amp; blueberry?

Why do many fruit teas/infusions contain Hibiscus?
well I thought there was some sort of health benefit in hibiscus. Im sure there is somewhere, but I cant recall, I bought some pure hibiscus tea from health food store, and that is the crappiest tea ever.. Tastes just like you'd think. a bitter old red flower.. No matter how much honey or sugar I added, it still tasted bitter..


No comments:

Post a Comment