Monday, May 11, 2009

Is there a store that sells Hibiscus Petals in or around Bangor, Maine?

I'm doing a project for my 10th grade World History Class and I'm required to prepare a type of food and a type of beverage. I searched the web and found that "Karkady", a very popular Egyptian version of iced tea, is traditionally made with Hibiscus petals. I was unsure whether there were any stores around my area that sold them. I would be extremely grateful for any help you could give me.

Is there a store that sells Hibiscus Petals in or around Bangor, Maine?
Best bet:





check out a florist or the garden center at a local Wal-mart or Target.





You could also substitute rose petals, Egyptians use that also.





**Please do ask if they have been sprayed with any pesticides or sprayed with anything before using.
Reply:some farm markets sell them fresh also some of the bigger supermarkets like Shaw's or Big Y sell dried petals for tea making.


No comments:

Post a Comment