Thursday, May 20, 2010

Can you plant hibiscus plants outside year around in arkansas from slicknick9000@yahoo.com?

Yup. I do it in Michigan.

Can you plant hibiscus plants outside year around in arkansas from slicknick9000@yahoo.com?
i don't think so. i live in central florida and our winters are very mild, but we do get a few days of frost and even a freeze. my hibiscus do freeze back. i cut them in the spring and they come back. my cuttings have to bee brought in or covered when it gets that cold, as do my smaller ones.
Reply:I live in Indiana , the northern part. We have them planted in our yard. We planted them in the fall. The first year they will get about 6in. tall with no blooms. The second year they will get about chest high and have blooms. Get the hardy ones. They will survive the cold. Good Luck..


No comments:

Post a Comment