Monday, May 17, 2010

Do I need to fertilize my hibiscus?

I bought a hybiscis about a month ago..it was all healthy and beautiful when I got it. It started to get yellow leaves and I think I was over watering it..I have cut back the watering to 2 times a week and it still does not look that great..I think a deer might have munched on it during the night. Do I fertalize or just give up??

Do I need to fertilize my hibiscus?
Are you married? If you are here is a well weird thing for your husband to do. I had a hybiscus that was dying and with out me knowing it while my husband was outside each week mowing he didn't want to come in and get grass in the house so he peed in the flower bed. In a month or so i noticed it came back to life with me not doing anything special. I made the comment to him and he said he had been peeing on it. It made it grow and if you think deer are munching on it the human smell will keep them away. If your not married, well you could use a cup. I had a small tree that my dog almost killed and he started doing the same thing to it and it came back and got to 3 feet in 4 months. Also saved us on the water bill. Some of the stupid things a guy does can be beneficial. LOL





If this isn't a good thing go to the flower shop or type in hybiscus in the google search and see if it is low in lime or acid in the soil. It will tell you what it might need.
Reply:I would fertilize lightly, and water in right away, it should make a comback for you. Don't give up on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment