Monday, May 17, 2010

How do I propagate a Hibiscus?

It is a neighbours shrub and it is beautiful.Neither she nor I know what to do,for starters,where do I cut and how,on a slant,do I need root starter powder or liquid {someone said to use honey ?}can I pot it in" dynamic liffter poting mix "


and how often do I water it,where is the best place to store it and how long should I give it before I know it's a dud.Thanks

How do I propagate a Hibiscus?
I don't know about propagating them but I have started many of them from seed. If you don't have luck propagating just save seeds in the fall, plant them in the garden in the spring and you will have enough to share with everyone.
Reply:Just cut out any woody stem and plant it into the ground,very hardy plant and grow easily without any starter powder,Water it daily


No comments:

Post a Comment